Wednesday, April 18, 2012



A FEW EXPERIMENTS..

So during this rainy day I decided while some of the flowers were out in bloom in my backyard ( they are temperamental and only come out when they feel like it) to pick them and take a few scans of some of the aspects of the vine.

The scans above are obviously scanned at 300 DPI for the best quality resolution, And of course they have been saved for web and devices so i could upload them onto the blog!
This scan I have also used various tools such as the polygon lasso tool, magic wand, and quick selection to cut around the flower.... A bit of a challenge and I don't like the look of it all that much... at all actually. I would have loved the twirly things to have been clear and precise but I would have had to spend the next 300 years going around it very carefully.

I also did a bit of research for some cool colour schemes I could use, so that I could still incorporate the flower without it looking so crappy. I came across Peter Pilotto's Fall 2012 collection on The FASHION PACK WEBSITE. The neon blue and green colour scheme is really striking and fell semi in love.
Peter Pilotto Fall 2012


So I then began to experiment with my scans, changing the hue and saturation till a liked the colours, Put them all on the one page ( With layers and all) and just messed around with possible pattern combinations ... heres the result!



No comments:

Post a Comment