Wednesday, April 18, 2012


THE RESEARCH BEGINS

I decided what part of nature around my neighbourhood I was going to be looking at for this pattern... it wasn't very hard as i settled with the passion fruit vine in my back garden. I took a few photographs of them yesterday... so here are the raw images that have not been manipulated via photoshop yet... I intend to do this if I end up using these images in my pattern


Macro image: Of the vines that drop over the shed which is seen in the background. Also in the foreground is the vines that wrap around my balcony.


I decided to play around with the fish eye application on my phone, so the quality isn't as great as the other photos, but still here is the passionfruit itself. I actually cut the passion fruit in half because the colours within the passion fruit are quite bright so possibly might incorporate them into the design.


The image of the "cut- in- half" passionfruit



Micro image: This flower was the underlying reason I choose this vine, its so unusual and the wiggly lines from it almost look like fireworks or those sticks that you set alight and you twirl them around and they make great patterns.


Micro Image: Although this is meant to be a micro image i just could not get the camera to focus on the twirlly vine parts because they kept moving in the wind. But bare with the blurriness.

Micro image of the passionfruit flower


No comments:

Post a Comment